Baked Brie In Puff Pastry with Honey Tarragon Mustard
1 sheet of frozen Puff Pastry
1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Honey Tarragon Mustard
1-5” wheel of Brie or (or small, milder Camembert will do)
1 egg white
1 tsp. water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by greasing lightly or lining it with parchment paper.
- Allow pastry to thaw. Flour a surface and roll the dough into a 13” square. Place the pastry on the prepared baking sheet.
- Making sure you only cut through the skin of the Brie, run a knife around the top 1/4-inch in from the edge. Make several cuts across the Brie forming small triangles and then gently remove the skin forming a shallow cup to hold the mustard.
- Place the Brie in the center of the pastry.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the Stonewall Kitchen Honey Tarragon Mustard over the Brie.
- Forming a bag bring the sides of the pastry up to the center top of the Brie round. If there is too much pastry you may have to trim a little off. Carefully press the dough onto the Brie and pinch tightly at the top to seal. You may want to pre-cut a strip of dough from the rolled out pastry to form a false ribbon around the neck of your bag.
- Whisk together the egg white and water. Brush entire bag with egg whites; this will make the baked dough shine.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 25-30 minutes until the dough is golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- With a large spatula transfer the Brie to a serving dish and serve with French bread toasts, sliced apples, grapes and crackers.