Saturday, April 26, 2008

Pork Terrine

I've been toying with the idea of making our own terrines at les amis. In case you are wondering...no, i don't think I can keep up production just using the grinder in the picture. However, old technology sometimes is more than adequate. I borrowed this grinder from Alice and it worked great. I tried the basic recipe out of a recently purchased cookbook Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing by Ruhlman and Polcyn. The recipe was straightforward. I didn't have any Italian parsley, but I did have some lovage that is growing like crazy in the yard. I added some Madagascar green peppercorns and I placed a seared pork tenderloin with Esplette pepper down the middle. It worked like a charm. I'll have to tweak it a tiny bit, but I think I'm on the right path. Alice has a few recipes she is going to share, and maybe I'll practice with those next.